International meetings of interest to rheologists
The program has been listed on the conference site (Oct. 11, 2016)
The Brazilian Society of Rheology invites you to participate in the XVIIIth International Congress on Rheology, which will take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from August 2 to August 7, 2020.The Congress convenes every four years and brings together the world’s leading rheologists to present the latest advances and developments in this field.
The Congress will include opening and closing plenary lectures and keynote lectures by eminent rheologists, contributed oral presentations organized into seventeen symposia, and a poster session. Two short courses will be offered on the weekend before the Congress, August 1st and 2nd, 2020.
In addition to the technical program, an active social program is planned which will introduce the participants to the wonderful attractions of Rio de Janeiro.
The 12th International Conference of the Hellenic Polymer Society took place at Ioannina on Sept 30 - October 3. Subjects discussed included REcents Developments in Polymer Synthesis and Characterization Methods, Polymer Physics, Polymer Engineering, Polymer in Emerging Technologies and Biopolymers. A special session took place in memory of M. Kosmas with the title: Advances in Polymer Theory and Simulations.
- The 16th European Polymer Federation POLYMER CONGRESS took place at Lyon, France, in July 2-7, 2017 .
The combined 2017 Annual European Rheology Conference & Nordic Rheology Conference took place in Copenhagen, Denmark, on the 3rd to 6th April, 2017.
A course on Extensional Rheology was organised on the 3rd of April at the Technical University of Denmark by profs Petser Szabo, Ole Hassager and dr. Qian Huang of DTU.
- The Eurofillers and Polymer Blends Conference, 2017, took place in Heraklion, April 23 - 27, 2017. Chairman was Spyros Anastasiadis.
- The 11th Hellenic Polymer Society International Conference was organized in Heraklion Crete during the period November 3-5, 2016 in the premises of the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas.
The topics addressed during the Conference included:
- Advances in polymer synthesis
- Polymer structure and dynamics
- Biopolymers and biomaterials
- Stimuli responsive polymer materials
- Interfacial phenomena in polymer systems
- Polymer Nanocomposites
- Polymer Colloids
- Theory, modelling and simulation
- Polymer Processing
- Polymers for Energy
- Industrial applications of polymeric materials